Thursday, May 26, 2011

Latest Other Words for Love Interview & Another "80s Favorite"

I haven’t had a chance to blog recently but I'm finally back, and I wanted to write a quick post to mention my latest interview, which is with the YA Booklover Blog: http://tinyurl.com/44avypb

The blog is run by Chloe, who asked me some really fun and interesting questions. Chloe is hosting a giveway of Other Words for Love, so be sure to check it out!

I also wanted to do another installment of “80s Favorites.” Hence the picture on the left...that's an example of some beautiful artwork by Patrick Nagel, whose style descended from art deco--which I also adore--and whose work was very popular during the 1980s. He even designed the cover for Duran Duran's album, Rio.

So if you’ve read Other Words for Love, you know it’s set from 1985 to 1989. You might also know that it has a playlist (see my “Books” page) filled with songs that inspired me while writing the novel. Most of the songs are from the 1980s, and here is one of my favorites...

Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order.

I frequently listened to this while writing Other Words for Love. That amazing electronic sound is SO 1980s! I tended to listen to the song before working on the scenes that take place in the club in Manhattan.   

If you’ve never heard the song before, here it is…